Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Back to School Bulletin Boards

I LOVE to plan my back to school bulletin board.  It's the one time of year that I really get the "Go BIG or go home" outlook on the board outside my door.

Each year our school (like all others) picks a theme to go with.  Here are some of my favorites from the last couple of years :)

 This year our theme was "ROCKSTAR" and I went with "Party like a rockstar" only we were going to "Party like a PRESCHOOLER" instead.  I used actual party hats and attached their names to the hats with tags.  This was my first year making a multidimensional board.  It was pretty cute in person.

This is one of my all time FAVORITES!  This was made with brown paper and LOTS of sand :).  Yes.  That is a real sandcastle.  The buckets and shovels were cut with a cricut machine.  My parents are a HUGE help in making these boards.  It's a total team effort when I come up with these crazy ideas. Theme was Island.


 This year we went back to Rockstar, but again I tool creative liberty with the interpretation of Rockstar.  To preschoolers, PETE THE CAT is the ultimate Rockstar!  SO I made a pair of GIANT SCHOOL SHOES. I even found shoes border at Dollar Tree! The white shoes were used at open house!  When a student arrived they brought their shoe inside and colored it!  That way, they already felt like a part of the classroom.



These next few weren't my main bulletin boards in the hallway, but ones that I thought turned out pretty cute :)





Our theme this year is Western.
Let's just say there are going to be some bandanas involved :)

3 comments: