Thursday, October 2, 2014

Preschool Fall Songs and Projects


One of the things I absolutely LOVE about preschool is the songs we get to sing.  I have an old favorite and a NEW favorite! I'm an Autumn Tree is my old favorite.  The Leaves on the Tree is my new favorite.


I'm an Autumn Tree
(*Sing to the tune of I'm a little Teapot)
I'm an Autumn tree all orange and brown (Have your arms up in the air like a tree)
I shake my roots and my branches, too! (shake your legs "roots" and then wave your arms"branches")
On a windy day there's a howling sound! (continue to wave your arms back and forth)
WOOOOOO!!!!
And then the leaves fall down! (wave your arms down to the ground)

The Leaves on the Trees
(*sing to the wheels on the bus)
The leaves on the tree turn orange and brown (hold arms up in the air)
Orange and Brown
Orange and Brown.
The leaves on the tree turn orange and brown.
All through the town.

The leaves on the tree come tumbling down. (wiggle your arms and bend down)
Tumbling down.
Tumbling down.
The leaves on the tree come tumbling down.
All through the town. 

The leaves on the ground go crunch, crunch, crunch. (march in place)
crunch, crunch, crunch.
crunch, crunch, crunch.
The leaves on the ground go crunch, crunch, crunch.
All through the town.

The leaves on the ground go swish, swish, swish. (squat down and wiggle your arms/fingers back and forth)
Swish, swish, swish.
Swish, swish, swish.
The leaves on the ground go swish, swish, swish.
All through the town!


We have also made the PRETTIEST fall trees! We used a di-cut tree, drew a shape so the kids had a different shape on each tree to stay inside with their paint.  THEN we made a color/number key and made it into a Paint by Numbers activity! The kids loved it, and these trees are always my favorite project!


We are currently studying apples! I am excited to share all the cool work we have been doing and a few more cool fingerplays/songs we have learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment