Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Fall Y'all!

In the fall lots of exciting things happen! There is Grandparent's Night at our school.  The kiddos get to make special projects for their grandparents (we painted grapes with the saying "I love you bunches!") and the kiddos can bring their whole family in to school to see our classroom and all the cool things they learn with each day.  They made cute shape houses during our "home" unit and they did a reading comprehension bag activity with our story The Bag I'm Taking to Grandma's.


With the people that signed in to my classroom for Grandparent's Night, I had 146 people attend!
IT was AWESOME! :) 



 Fall is one of my favorite times of year to plan activities.  Our curriculum had a great idea to use leaves to pattern with.  I was able to find these awesome (and durable!) leaves from Dollar Tree! I also added some leaf  number cards in the bucket so they can either patter or count the leaves!
Today, we took a field trip Bennett Springs!  We went on a nature"Adventure" in the woods and became real explorers! We found all kinds of mushrooms, plants, and even a snake skin!  We walked the whole trail with my afternoon class! It was 3/4 mile and the kids did a GREAT job!  They really got into looking around and seeing all the things on our trail!
We have some more exciting projects we will be doing this week so I will post more pictures of our awesome projects as we get them done!

HAPPY  FALL Y-ALL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment